Location: On site at Calgary Corporate Head Office
Hours: Flexible within business hours – Full Time
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter
Strata Health Solutions is actively seeking experienced Java software developers to contribute to our growing library of patient flow software. Successful candidates will work closely with several groups within our team to gather and present requirements, understand problems and implement solutions that build upon and improve our patient flow applications.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of experience developing Java web applications within the workplace
- 1+ years of experience with RDBMS such as Oracle or Postgres
- Experience with Java SE/EE (JSF, JPA, and JAX-RS) and Spring
- Experience developing within an IDE such as Intellij
- Solid understanding of OO principles
- Working knowledge of system integration concepts (JSON / REST/ JWT/ Pub/Sub)
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Superb problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experienced with Agile development and continuous improvement.
- Eager to participate in pair programming and collaborative design.
- Proponent of quality development methodology, patterns and best practices
- Demonstrates initiative to identify potential challenges, issues and areas for improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are a must; we focus on team collaboration, group design and pair programming.
- Experience working within the healthcare industry would be a great asset!
Areas of Accountability:
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (requirements, design, code, unit test, implementation and maintenance)
- Conduct investigations of application issues to determine solution and estimates time to resolution
- Generate and document testing plans and strategies. Create and maintain written test cases
- Provide solutions and/or recommendations to design and deploy new functionality or resolve technical issues related to developed systems
- Participate in site visits and usability testing to gain first-hand understanding of the impacts SHS software has on daily healthcare workflow
- Participate as an active member of the development team to collaborate effectively with others to address issues, solve problems, and foster a high performing workplace.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Four weeks vacation
- A flexible health and wellness budget for your health related activities
- Young, fun, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable colleagues
Please note that this position is only available to candidates who are currently in Calgary. All candidates must be currently eligible to work in Canada.
Strata Health Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.