Location: Calgary AB – Canada, Salt Lake City – UT
Hours: Flexible within business hours – Full Time
Reports to: Product Development Manager
Strata Health Solutions is actively seeking experienced software developers to contribute to our growing library of patient flow software. Successful candidates will work closely with several groups within our team to gather and present requirements, understand problems and implement solutions that build upon and improve our patient flow applications.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent. Relevant, and demonstrable experience may be considered in place of or supplemental to post-secondary qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- 5+ years of experience with MongoDB
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack developer (backend focus)
- 5+ Node.JS, React, React Native, Redux
- Solid understanding of OO principles and functional programming
- Experience with REST and REST based integrations
- Experience leveraging deployment containers
- Familiarity with AWS services, particularly S3, ECS and Lambdas
- Understanding of CI tools and deployment methodologies
Areas of Accountability:
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with Strata Health technical team (Developers, Engineers and Architects) to follow architecture, coding, and UI design standards and to peer review code.
- Mentor junior and intermediate developers.
- Investigate and troubleshoot production system issues and provide patches that will properly maintain the system and provide high reliability.
- Review user stories to evaluate technical risks, create designs and update system architecture, and enumerate and estimate development tasks.
- Respond to requests from their Manager to address customer needs for maintaining and improving existing or new software
- Provide solutions and/or recommendations to design and deploy new functionality or resolve technical issues related to developed systems
- Participate as an active member of the development team to collaborate effectively with others to address issues, solve problems, and foster a high performing workplace.
- Recommend and document suggested testing approaches and strategies for QA to implement and expand upon.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance process through functional and regression testing as required.
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to create and execute the test plan and to debug and resolve reported defects.
- Help implement continuous improvement in development process and standards.
- Participate in site visits and usability testing to gain first-hand understanding of the impacts SHS software has on daily healthcare workflow